In the last few years IT-outsourcing has become firmly entrenched in the economic life of the society and business relations. The use of third-party services for solving tasks in the widest range of information technology can be called a trend of our time.
Advantages and disadvantages of IT-outsourcing
- A higher quality of services at a relatively low cost.
- Possibility to solve all the necessary tasks for the creation and maintenance of the IT-infrastructure in one company.
- Subscriber services in the field of IT relieve the management of all worries about computers, software, information security and upgrades.
- Uninterrupted services.
IT-outsourcing is rejection of hiring of specialists on computers and information technologies in staff of the company and invitation of specialized firms either on a one-time basis, or on the basis of constant subscriber service. Saving money comes from mass production in a computer firm, as compared to the manual work of an in-house system administrator or programmer.
The IT company builds its business on the expansion of the service area and, due to a large number of regular customers, gets an opportunity to improve and reduce the cost of services. Specialists of it outsourcing company are constantly dealing with a wide variety of equipment and practical cases of maintenance and repair. Hence the rapid accumulation of professional experience.
In the case of subscription service, outsourced masters maintain the client company’s equipment and software in a “home doctor” format. A good knowledge of subordinate equipment and software reduces repairs and downtime. A specialized IT company forges ties with vendors and thus can reduce the cost of hardware and software upgrades for its clients.
The system administrator can fall ill, and then all the same will have to invite an outside master. And the outsourcing company has a lot of specialists to replace them. Problems with the work of the information infrastructure of the served enterprise are solved remotely.
- Installation and updating of software on client computers via the Internet.
- Remote security monitoring, anti-virus scanning and removal of virus infections.
- Cleaning and installation of operating systems.
- Protecting websites from hacker and DDoS attacks.
- Telephone consultations with client company personnel.
- Remote testing and troubleshooting of computers and office equipment.